Join your fellow Great Lakes colleagues at UTC’s Region 4 meeting. The annual regional educational event for utilities and industry partners in the Great Lakes area. The event is designed to provide relevant and timely education on industry issues ranging from cybersecurity, regulatory matters and the latest technology advancements. Don't forget to check the IIT CSMART Tour- information can be found below.
IIT CSMART Tour
Date: Wednesday, September 19th
Time: 3:00p central
Access Requirements: Government issued ID (School campus policy)
Duration: 1-2 hours weather depending (1 hour if we’re indoors, up to 2 if we are able to take a walk on campus to a couple key microgrid/DER sites)
Location: IIT Galvin Center – CSMART
Address: IIT Tower, 10 W 35th St, Chicago, IL 60616; Floor 16
CSMART is a lab dedicated to researching, testing and analyzing the latest smart grid technology innovations in a real-world environment. Built with the support of IIT, ComEd, Silver Spring Networks and West Monroe Partners, the lab is one of the first of its kind to bring together academic, industry and utility experts to provide a fully-functional test environment for smart grid technology.
- Test Environment for utility companies, technology vendors to support smart grid development
- Develop applications and analytics for improving reliability and resiliency
- Identify opportunities to benefit customers
- Develop student skills, give students real world experience
- Outlet for providing industry insight to academia and the interested public
- Publicly accessible showcase of innovation and emerging technologies